Wednesday, November 30, 2011

30 Days of Thankful: Day 30--Self

Dear Jaimee,

Thank you for undertaking the challenge to spend the month of November being thankful. Thank you for remembering and writing about all the reasons you love the people in your life. It has been cathartic to focus on all the blessings you have been given.

Thank you, self, for being a diligent student throughout your life. Thank you for developing a love of learning early on and continuing to follow that passion everyday. Thank you for being open to new experiences and people. Thank you for not letting the negative overtake your life and ruin your chance at happiness. Thank you for accepting change. You grow because you let life happen.

I am thankful that I have learned to recognize when I need help. I am thankful my pride has not kept me from seeking assistance when my plate becomes too full. I am thankful that I love myself enough to move through the dark days with an eye on the hope of a better tomorrow. I am thankful I have learned to forgive myself for my self torture and torment of the past.

I am thankful that I waited for my one true love to come back around. I am thankful for the life we make each day and for the blessing we have in our girl. I am thankful I learned to be a good mother pretty quickly so she always has a built-in biggest fan.

I love you, Jaimee...always will.

You

No comments:

Post a Comment