Saturday, November 5, 2011

30 Days of Thankful: Day 5--Daddy

Dearest Daddy,


Thank you for showing me how a good man behaves. Thank you for being the loving example of how fathers should love their children and husbands should love their wives. Thank you, Daddy, for being my number one man. Your example helped me wait for and choose the best man to be my husband.

Daddy, thank you for teaching me to fish and for instilling a love for the outdoors. Thank you for teaching me how to hit a baseball far and for taking me to the practice cages. Thank you for taking us bowling and camping. Thank you for not letting my crazy little ways drive you nuts.

Thank you for always making even my little accomplishments seem like a big deal. It's the times when you tell me you are proud of me that I really feel like a success. From the time I won you that German chocolate cake at the carnival to graduating with my master of arts degree, your pride in me always gave me a sense that I did well.

Thank you, Daddy, for holding my hand during all those surgeries and when you gave me a way. Thank you for quieting my fears when they felt like they would take over and run away with me. Thank you for taking me to New Jersey and thank you for bringing me home. Thank you for always believing in me.


You're a superstar, Daddy. Thank you for being a good daddy, a loving grandfather to Darby and a father figure to Chad. We love you so very much.

Your daughter, Jaimee Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment