Friday, November 25, 2011

30 Days of Thankful: Day 25--Volunteering

A little change up from the thank you letters I have been writing this month. Today, I want to say how thankful I am that my sister Gayla was a volunteer in her life. She had spent time with Habitat for Humanity and the American Heart Association. To honor her life, I made a decision to also volunteer my time and energy to a worthy cause. I am thankful for my older sister's example and pray I am able to change the world just like she did. My chosen charity is City House in Plano, a shelter for children and teens. I am set to begin as a tutor and cannot wait to see all the adventures this new area of my life will provide. I encourage everyone to volunteer. Find something you are passionate about and make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment