Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days of Thankful: Day 6--Bubba

Dearest James II,


Thank you for being the best brother a gal could ask for. I know we spent our early years beating each other up and being mean, but I am so very thankful that we grew to be really good friends. Thank you for making me laugh when all I want to do is cry. Thank you for understanding when I cry anyway.

Thank you, Bubba, for taking me with you when you went hunting and for keeping me safe by making me sit against that tree and not move or talk. It taught me hunting was not for me. Thank you for helping to move me home from New Jersey in 2000, and thank you for making me go to the top of the Statue of Liberty, even though I was scared to death. Thank you, my sweet  brother, for challenging me daily in our Words with Friends battle. I like that we are evenly matched. Thank you for always being willing and ready to play games like dominoes and Phase 10 with me. Thank you for keeping me on my toes.

Brother, thank you for looking out for Mama and Daddy. I am a little more at peace knowing that you and your family are with them. I hope someday to be there with my little family as well. Thank you for continuing to look for a way to help us make that happen, even if only in jest. Thank you, James for marrying Dana and bringing her into our family. She makes us all better people. Thank you both for giving us James III and William. They are our joys.


I am thankful, Brother, that you have been my rock this year. You made it possible for me to take care of business instead of crawl into a hole. I was proud to stand up there with you and talk about our sister. Thank you for making me smile through the tears. Thank you for understanding this pain and not judging me too harshly for being a weenie. Thank you for hugging me so tight when you see me and for telling me you love me. You are the perfect brother. 

Thank you for being a good uncle to Darby and brother to Chad. We love you, James.

Your sister, Jaimee

1 comment: