Tuesday, November 22, 2011

30 Days of Thankful: Day 22--Hockey Family


Dear Eddie, Jo and Susan,

Thank you so much for adopting our little family into your friendship so easily and so happily. Thank you for helping me teach our darling daughter that making new friends is one of the greatest joys in life and can be the most rewarding thing you do in a day. Darby and I are especially grateful for the visits while Chad is out of town because it helps us not stagnate and miss him too terribly. You ease our hearts in many ways.

Eddie, thank you for always being so polite and helpful. Darby says you are one of the most patient and best "coaches" she has had. It makes me giddy with pride that you have taken an interest in making her a better hockey player. She is lucky to have a teammate and friend like you.

Jo, thank you for being the team's manager and photographer. We all three enjoy looking at the photos from each game and are always so impressed with your eye for the action. I know I will always be grateful for having this time in Darby's life well documented. Thank you also for being the easiest person to make friends with. In a very short time, we went from being a family nervous about starting a new adventure and knowing no one to feeling like part of a strong group of good people. That is mostly your doing.

Susan, thank you for being my visiting buddy and for letting me interrupt your reading time when the kiddos are hanging out. Thank you also for encouraging me and reminding me that I will survive being a parent. I am sure you said it in passing but it stuck to me like glue.

Thank you both for raising such a wonderfully polite and energetic young man. Eddie has the best kind of heart and that is in no small part because of your love. I just love meeting people who have changed the world for the better and they don't even know it yet.

Your Friend,

Jaimee

No comments:

Post a Comment