Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursdays are Happiness Reports!
30 Days of Thankful: Day 3--Gayla

I think this is going quite well! That's the Happiness Report. In the last three days of writing about being thankful for the people in my life as part of my 30 Days of Thankful Challenge, I have toyed and tossed around when to thank Gayla. Although she was taken from us more than seven months ago, I will always be thankful for the 38 years I was given with my sister. I finally decided to go with it now rather than put it off. I needed a good cleansing cry to move forward anyway.

Dear Precious Sister,

Thank you for being my first and dearest best friend from the minute I was born. You may be the only person who could ever have put up with me that much. I thank God that He gave me you as my older sister for 38 years. I keep thinking about the choice we could have been given...only 38 years with you or none at all. I will be forever grateful for the years because they were the most wonderful, if not brief, years of our lives. I also will forever regret that two years we wasted being mad at each other over stupid boys. I want a do over! I wouldn't waste a single minute with you.

You taught me how to be a writer, sweet friend. You gave me those first words to copy from your paper so you could keep me out of your hair, but you inspired and influenced my life forever in that one moment. Thank you, Gayla, for always being my number one fan who believed in me...encouraged me. Your support was invaluable. Your faith, priceless. Thank you for never giving up on me even when I was at my worst. You were my savior.

Thank you, my love, for showing me how to be a good woman. Your heart inspired me to love with my all. You taught me how to give without expectation. I am who I am in part because of your influence. I love you, Gayla...I always will.

Your Sister, Jaimee




Thank you for continuing to support this little bit of crazy each day! Visit my blog each Thursday to see how My Happiness Project is going! Here's the plan by month so far:
  • August--being organized
  • September--eating healthier
  • October--having energy (hang my head in shame at the failure)
  • November--being thankful
  • December--focusing on family and friends
  • January--focusing on marriage
  • February--focusing on parenting
  • March--being creative
  • April--being helpful
  • May--working smarter
  • June--being adventurous
  • July--loving Jaimee

No comments:

Post a Comment