Wednesday, November 9, 2011

30 Days of Thankful: Day 9--Mother-in-Law

Dearest Kathy,


I guess the best place to begin this thank you letter is at the very beginning. First, I thank Granny and Roy for raising you in a home filled with love and for making you the center of their universe. I thank God for placing in your heart the strong desire to be a mother to Jason and Chad. I thank Him further for putting it on both you and Mike to bring Alicia into our lives as well. Your family has been my family for almost half of my life, and I  know I am a better person for it.


Thank you, Mom, for never giving up on Chad and me. You and Alicia taking me into your hearts when we were young and making me part of your family from the get-go is still amazing to me. Thank you for encouraging me to never give up hoping to marry my soul-mate and best friend. Thank you for having him call me even though he didn't think I would be open to him (both times!). Thank you for never giving up on either of us.


Thank you, Kathy, for sharing Alicia with me. Although it used to unnerve me that people thought she was my little girl, I am grateful that I got to be a part of raising her to be the beautiful, loving woman she is today. I am proud to call her Sister and look forward to Jesse being my Brother.


Kathy, I also thank you for all the times you and Alicia took care of me when I was ill or recovering from one of my numerous surgeries. Thank you for being my Mom even when you didn't have to be. Thank you for coming to my graduations and birthdays. Thank you for always making me welcome in your home.


Thank you, mom, for working so diligently to make my birthday wish this year come true, and thank you for supporting me in quitting smoking by bringing me that yarn. It is in dedication to Granny that I am making a granny square afghan for us to huddle under at the hockey games. I cannot wait to read all that you wrote. Also, thank you also for encouraging me to pursue teaching. Those were some of the best years of my life. I miss it and hope to someday return to teaching.


I love you, Kathy.


Your daughter,
Jaimee

No comments:

Post a Comment