Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Write On Wednesday Moody Music
30 Days of Thankful: Day 2--Darling Daughter

Like I wrote yesterday, I am going to try, when possible to combine my usual schedule of blogging and the 30 Days of Thankful Challenge. Here are the instructions for this week's WOW from Gill at InkPaperPen. I chose a song that I have for Darling Daughter and Hubby Dearest, Keith Urban's "Only You Can Love Me This Way," but this is for our sweet girl.

Write On Wednesdays Exercise 22 - Select a piece of music that reflects the mood of writing you'd like to aim for. Press play. Start free writing. Write the first words that come into your head. When the music's over, so is the writing. I'd recommend finding out how long the song is before you start the exercise. You may feel cheated in your writing time if you pick a song by The Ramones. Of course, if you feel like writing a short, punky piece by all means, go for it!


Dearest Darling Daughter Darby,

Baby girl, you are the most precious gift ever shared with me. I am so thankful to God everyday (yes even the rough ones) that He put you in my life. You have made the last five years of my life whole, healing a part of my heart that I just couldn't see ever being whole again. Thank you for reminding me that when God shuts a door, he leaves a window open for me to sneak into...;-)

Thank you for sharing your Daddy with me, sweet child. I know it hasn't always been a walk in the park learning to live with another woman occupying some of his time. I thank you for encouraging him, even when you were so little, to bring me into yall's family. I thank you for the special way that you both protect and challenge my heart every day.

As you grow up and head out to the world, just know that you will always be my baby. Only you can love us in your way. Only you can make our lives whole. Only you are always in our hearts and minds. No one comes close to you, Darby. Thank you for being our girl child...our legacy to the world...our love...our peace...our daughter.

I love you, Darby.

Mama J

No comments:

Post a Comment