Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Star Struck Even by Class III M Stars...

I am a big dork...yes, I know we have established this more times than not...but I am a star-struck big dork. I have always prided myself on maintaining only a handful of super celebrities that I would like to meet (Mathew Mc, Ellen, Reba and Queen Latifa). And I would probably die of heart failure should any of these ever happen. However, every time anyone of fame or infamy visits my blog, I get all goofy in the head as well. When Elizabeth from Flourish in Progress visits, I equate my giddiness to the popular girls saying hello to me in the halls of high school. When I received an e-mail from Florence Henderson, I about puked on myself with excitement. So last night was no different when the artist Daniel Martin Moore e-mailed me back about my post "It Is Well With My Soul", which is interestingly enough the second most popular post I have written so far.

My e-mail to him on September 28, 2011:

Your cover of "It Is Well" spoke to me last night. I blogged about it today and wanted to share that with you. My older sister was killed when her car was hit from behind by a tractor trailer this past March. I am devastated and have been having a crisis of faith. Your voice and this song gave me the first peace I have felt in months. Thank you.
Jaimee

His response to me yesterday:

jaimee,

thank you for your message.  i'm gladdened to know the song found its way to you in a time when you needed it.  my heart goes out to you for your loss, and i wish you all the best as you move forward.

be taking care,

dmm

No comments:

Post a Comment