Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thursdays are Happiness Reports
October--Having More Energy

October is about having more Energy! And how do I start this wonderful, exciting and energetic month? Well, friends, I go in with a bang and bronchitis or just a severe cold. Blah! I kept with my plan of researching the first week and wanted to share with you some of the interesting things that caught my eye. For the next week I am going to drink only water and sleep no fewer than 8 hours each night. I am going to start going to the gym but may not make it every day...that's for the next week. As for adding Zumba to my repetoir, the only day it is offered is Thursday nights (Family Night) or when I am supposed to be at work. Boo! Also yoga doesn't start till November. I am so far not digging my choices with the rec center. I will find a way though...anyone have a zumba video they can recommend? I already have pilates and yoga DVDs.
 
Interesting Have-More-Energy Tidbits:

  • HYDRATE--Dr. Dave Grotto, R.D., a spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association in Chicago, told WEBMD that women who complain about always being tired are probably dehydrated. Have you had your 8 glasses today?
  • GET NUTTY--Instead of snacking on carb-y foods, eat nuts that digest more slowly, says Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D on WEBMD.
  • STAY ON A SCHEDULE--If you're sleeping in on the weekends, you're probably throwing your body's schedule a curve ball. It actually makes you feel more tired during the week and can make you feel draggy.
  • GET EXCITED-- Funnily enough, having something you are looking forward to gives you energy. I totally see this when Friday rolls around and Hubby Dearest and Darling Daughter suddenly have all this energy to play, skate and fish.
  • EMOTE--Trying to hold in or tamp down negative emotions depletes your energy. You need to give yourself permission to feel and then release, Dr. Christine Northrup told Parade Magazine Online.
  • EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT--Almost every site out there says this is very important. We need to eat five or six small meals each day to keep our blood sugar levels pretty even. Spikes make you hyper; drops make you sluggy.
  • 30 MINUTES EVERY DAY--Also a pretty common concept is activity. We need at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day. That includes the weekends!
  • SLEEP--I have heard it go back and forth so much that there is no telling what is the best method. I am going to go with at least 8 hours. Regardless, you have to sleep in order for your body to heal.

Thank you for continuing to support this little bit of crazy each day! Visit my blog each Thursday to see how My Happiness Project is going! Here's the plan by month so far:
 
  • August--being organized
  • September--eating healthier
  • October--having energy
  • November--being thankful
  • December--focusing on family and friends
  • January--focusing on marriage
  • February--focusing on parenting
  • March--being creative
  • April--being helpful
  • May--working smarter
  • June--being adventurous
  • July--loving Jaimee

No comments:

Post a Comment