Thursday, October 13, 2011

RECIPE: Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup

I love cooking with the crockpot and having things ready for dinner when I get home from work! This has to be the best Baked Potato Soup I have ever had (even in a restaurant!), and it was easy peasy, baby! Darling Daughter and Hubby Dearest liked it as well (SCORE!). I served it with cornbread, but HD said we should have it with steaks next time.

Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients:
 5 pound bag of Russet Potatoes, washed (peeled is up to your preference) 

 1 large yellow onion, diced (I puree mine b/c of my texture babies)
10 cloves of garlic, whole
8 cups chicken broth
16 ounces cream cheese
1 tablespoon seasoned salt 


Garnishes:
- Crumbled bacon or bacon bits
- Shredded cheese of your choosing
- Green onions (we skip this)

Directions:
- Dice potatos into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning and chicken stock to crockpot.
- Cook on low for 10 hours.
- Remove and puree the garlic cloves (they float to the top), 1/2 to 1/3rd of the crockpot mixture, and the cream cheese.
- Reintroduce puree mixture to the remainder of the soup in the crock pot.
- Top with your choice of garnishes & serve!
Serves about 10-12 servings. I am freezing the leftovers and will have to let you know if it holds up to freezing.

1 comment:

  1. Potato, onion, and bacon garnish? SOLD! I'm gonna give this one a whirl. Yum-o!

    ReplyDelete