Friday, October 28, 2011

Family Night: Halloween

We had so much fun last night during family night. Thanks to Shawn and Amanda for joining us in Halloween Shopping! The Rangers kept us on pins and needles too, and all I have to say about that is, like Aggies, Rangers never lose although they may run out of time.


Have you been to a Halloween store lately? Darling Daughter and I both would like to know why Halloween is turning into "sexy ____" dress up day. I don't even think it's so much sexy as trashy. IN THE TEEN SECTION no less there were sexy fairies and sexy lady bugs and on and on.



I love that Darby takes after her daddy and, the scarier her costume is, the better. We still laugh about her going to a party a couple of years ago where the teens were going to go trick-or-treating. When I dropped the Darbster off in her half lizard, half monster costume, she was surrounded by boys and girls in similar costumes save one or two wearing high heals and such. Darby was ticked that they only got to go to two or three houses before those not wearing sensable shoes were too tired to continue. I think that sealed the deal for her...no sexy lizard monster for her!





















Another thing we noticed this year is that the pickings are pretty slim at the Spirit store. They seemed to have spent too much on the crazy merry-go-round with possessed babies to have purchased enough stock to be interesting. They had some pretty scary stuff though...it just cost too much! I am off in search of a yellow hoodie sweatshirt, some yellow face paint and a pair of denim overalls...I want to be a Minion and carry Dave around with me! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment