Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Try lots of new things Tuesday!

I was mesmerized by the Hyatt Regency Austin's
atrium. Pretty, pretty, pretty!

I have to make this quick since I'm at the Austin airport with no charger and 25% battery power left. I flew in and out of Austin today on Southwest. There are multiple new adventures in that but I'm abbreviating for battery's sake. Today my parents also closed on my sister's home. For some reason when the news arrived that the deal was done I felt like I had lost her all over again. The following conversation between hubby dearest and I should explain the rest.

Me: I actually feel like I've lost her again because the house is no longer hers. Isn't that insane?

Hd: It's a forced recognition of a reality that we would all like to ignore.

Me: I keep catching myself holding my breath. I don't understand that.

Hd: Sucks!!! Is the best descriptor. Don't do that. You f@#$ing pass out in the airport and you will be the news. Hehe...put that in your blog! ;-)

Me: haha. I totally will.

Hd: I don't think that falls within the range of "Try Something New Tuesday."

Me:I'm totally going to use my last 25% to blog that!

Hd: And I don't want to be on the news. See me now... "Who is that white trash fool in the wife beater making Texans look bad? Oh crap! That's me..lol!" I'll let you get to your writing. Luv u.

Me: Love you baby. You make my life better

Hd: I love it when a plan comes together. We are a team. Luv u.

Peace out at 16% battery! I did it!

UPDATE: Now that I am home, with battery fully charged, I am safe and sound but tired and feeling ill. I came in and cleaned this up a bit for grammar, expletives, etc. Also, I sat over the engine last night because for some reason I started boo-hooing and couldn't stop. I think I scared the flight host and hostess. Bless their pea-pickin' hearts! Maybe they should have passed the word to the cabin crew that the lady in 24A was having a nervous breakdown and she probably doesn't want any peanuts or drinks. Here's a list of the things I tried out yesterday in case this didn't make sense:

1. Business Travel

2. Flying Southwest

3. Flying without checking luggage

4. Flying there and back in the same day

5. Macaroni and Cheese with Ham and Green Chilies (surprisingly good!)

6. Blogging from my telephone and using blogger's special secret way of uploading it to my blog

Chad told me when I got home that Gayla would have been proud of me for doing something that scared the crud out of me and doubly proud since I did it without a hitch. Easy peasy, baby! I don't think I will make traveling a regular activity though. Not unless it can be to a vacation with the ones I love.

The list continues to grow:

· pomegranates
· making jam
· Russian cuisine
· New Boston Pioneer Days
· business travel all in one day
· kayaking
· 5k training to eventually RUN a 5k
· mud bath
· banya (not just food; they have a spa too)
· Zumba
· Ballroom dancing class
· Watch a Bollywood movie at a Bollywood theater
· Quilting
· Take Darby to see a Midnight show of Rocky Horror
· Participate in a flash mob
· Boot Camp
· Art Class
· Dance on a Bar
· Puerto Rican food
· Meditate at a Buddhist temple
· Volunteering at a homeless shelter
· being a tourist in my own town
· snow skiing
· order and eat hash browns "all the way" at Waffle House
· Make a Funny Face Book

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way when my Mom sold my Grandmother's house. We were invited in to see the massive changes they had made to the house. I hid in the car...angry. How dare they change my childhood home. The house where every good memory was made. It felt like a tangible part of her had been ripped from me.

    Such a brave girl! Travel alone sucks...great job!

    ReplyDelete