Friday, September 16, 2011

Family Night--Hubby's Choice

Hubby Dearest was in charge of Family Night last night! After jokingly blaming my parents for ruining his night of excitement playing dominoes by not showing up, MyChad opted for dinner and a movie.


Our new favorite joint to patronize for yummy chicken strips is Cane's. They opened two locations in Frisco in the last couple of months and, much like In-N-Out Burger, they are starting to have ridiculous drive through lines.

I am absolutely in love with their Cane's Dipping Sauce and begged HD to ask for extra. Last time, he said they wanted $.30 extra so he skipped it. Last night, I told him I have a quarter and a nickle in my purse if he would please bring me extra sauce. I even told him he could use my account for the entire meal if he would please ask for extra sauce! That turkey showed up with extra sauce for himself as well! Ha! Even with two little shots of yummy dipping greatness, there just wasn't enough to satisfy either of us.

Also, if you're a sweet tea lover, then this is the place to go! I asked HD to get me a soda last night and he questioned why I didn't want their tea. I said, "It's too sweet. You know it's too sweet if I would rather have a coke than tea."

For the movie selection, HD and Darling Daughter found Thor on blue-ray at the Kroger Red Box. Now, had we payed $9 a head at the movie theater, I would probably not have a favorable review of the flick. Because it was just $1 for the night, I think I liked it very much. The story is predictable but easy to follow. Only you have to know a bit about mythology to understand the relationship dynamics between Thor, Loki and their father. A little explanation would have been helpful.

I think Darby and I both agree that the...er...cinematography was stupendous! Chris Hemsworth is shirtless for a good bit of the movie. His voice reminds me of the late Heath Ledger in A Knight's Tale and I could totally have seen this part going to him if life were different. For some unexplained reason, I kept waiting for Tom Hiddleston, who played Loki, to pull a Pee-Wee Herman laugh. Don't ask me why. Also, it was pee-your-pants-funny when Darby asked, "Is their dad Hannibal Lector?" Yes, sweet child, Anthony Hopkins, even with one eye in this feature, plays the great and powerful Odin. Of course he only has to sleep for a good portion of the movie, but, HEY, he's earned it.

Except for when Thor mistakenly asks a pet store clerk if he can ride a dog, cat or bird in place of his requested horse, I was quite happy that the leading ladies delivered the funny lines! Darcy (Kat Dennings) starts us off with, "I am not going to die for six credit hours." Anyone who's ever had an unpaid internship gets that one. Then she says to Thor, who is cramming down whole pancakes a bite at a time, "How can you eat an entire box of Pop Tarts and still be this hungry?" I was a little perturbed that Natalie Portman, who was kick tail in V for Vendetta, was a little whiny and complainy at times. Give me Princess Amidala or don't take the part, girl. That's what I say!

Good job on your first choice of Family Night, Chad Darling! It was a relaxing evening. BTW, I am still waiting for you to finish my love note from last week!

1 comment:

  1. I found a recipe for Cane Sauce online! I'll have to try it.

    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
    1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper

    ReplyDelete