Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursdays are Happiness Reports
September--Eating Healthy, Cook Every Night


Darby helped me make
Chicken Cesar Wraps
Alright, alright! It's been a good eating week in the Happy Hunter Home! High fives all around! Go team! Okay, so it's been fun for me...I am not sure how Hubby Dearest and Darling Daughter are feeling. Last week, myChad was pretty stoked about having a plan for the month that included recipes and such. He said he was thrilled (my word, can't print his) to have plans that would make grocery shopping easier. He seems to be okay with helping me out in the kitchen. Non-committal Teeny Bopper had no opinion...surprise surprise! She can, however, be counted on to say, "That smells really good!" and be my taste tester.






I almost burned the
house down with turkey
burgers on the grill
Nevertheless, I stuck to it and made (almost) every dinner this past week. We got a little thrown off schedule with a birthday celebration on Saturday and dinner with parents on Monday. Chad talked me into fast food on Sunday. Those are meals I can move over to make up for the fact that we waited too long and our hogie buns went green. I guess the point is have a plan but be flexible.


This week is about making fun lunches. Either the meals we make will have enough to spill over into left overs for lunch the next day, or they'll be quick enough to fix for lunch. I replaced our buns so tonight is meatball subs for Family Night! Chad is looking forward to Saturday's Big Fat Bacon Burgers. Although they are new recipes, he likes anything that is wrapped in bacon!


Tonight is family night and it's my night to choose!!!! I gave them a little homework earlier in the week, and upon my snooping, it looks like they did it! Yeah!





With Chad's help,
I recreated his spaghetti.
Grilled pork chops and made-from-
scratch mac and cheese.






Thank you for continuing to support this little bit of crazy each day! Visit my blog each Thursday to see how My Happiness Project is going! Here's the plan by month so far:
  • August--being organized
  • September--eating healthier
  • October--having energy
  • November--being thankful
  • December--focusing on family and friends
  • January--focusing on marriage
  • February--focusing on parenting
  • March--being creative
  • April--being helpful
  • May--working smarter
  • June--being adventurous
  • July--loving Jaimee

No comments:

Post a Comment