Friday, July 1, 2011

GOOD GRIEF...Most Likely to Bring Their Mothers Great Shame Is More Like It!


There is very little that is real about reality television when the market is over-saturated with the REAL HOUSEWIVES OF SURVIVING FAT CAMP DATING MISHAPS (my ode to Don't be a Menace to Society While Drinking your Juice in the Hood). I can actually spot the production formula pretty easily these days...just ask Chad how many times I tell him what is about to happen! Now BRAVO (more like BOOOOOO!) has announced its newest Soirée into the true-life. They are calling it Most Eligible Dallas.

This newest mother's worst nightmare focuses on the dating scene in "Big-D"... the dating scene if you're young, rich and living on someone else's dime. See the Hollywood Reporter's description as mine just kept coming out catty (watch the official video!). I can almost predict how they will shame their mothers and their hometown. Where's the reality of dating in Dallas in any of their lives? It's only been a few years, but I don't remember any of those characters showing up at nickel beer night or the dinner theater.

Let me ride my brakes here a sec and ask my fellow Texans about their travels outside of our great state. What's the first question people ask when they find out you're from Texas? It used to be, "How many cows/oil rigs/acres does your family own?" (Thank you J.R. Ewing!). There was once someone who inquired about the plural of "y'all" to which I responded, "I don't know! All y'all?" What new cliché will this endeavor bring upon our heads? Isn't it bad enough our "hipster" Governor "tweeters" and does the GWB head bobble dance when he speaks? Doesn't the world think we are shallow, ignorant and back-woods enough? Never in my life did I think it would be better to tell people I am from the Arkansas side of Texarkana!

No comments:

Post a Comment