Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Greatest Gift...


My Gayla was an amazing sister for many reasons more than what is about to be thrown out here. However, I am going to focus on one thing she did for me. Last November for my birthday, Gayla gave me a gym membership. She could see that my life-long battle with my weight was out of control, and she wanted to be my supporter in winning the battle by going with me to the gym every day.

I cried when she gave me the envelope, not because she hurt my feelings but because it was evident that Gayla was worried about my life. From November until March, sister and I met at the gym near her office or I went by myself when she was traveling. I lost 15 pounds and gained a whole new respect for how much Gayla loved me.

I tried going back to the gym and staying up with it after sister was taken from us. However, you cannot burn enough calories being stuck in the locker room or your car having a panic attack. Therefore I quit the gym and have been on a steady downhill slide ever since.

To see how this is going to change beginning this week, check out the additional blog I have put up...LOSING TO WIN! I'll still be keeping up with this one, but will be keeping track of my progress there. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! You have done it before, you can do it again! And i am always here for you!

    ReplyDelete