Friday, July 22, 2011

Buttons, Thread and Needles

HAPPINESS PROJECT QUOTE OF THE DAY: "The art of art, the glory of expression and the sunshine of the light of letters, is simplicity." — Walt Whitman  [IS THAT A FANCY WAY OF SAYING "KEEP IS SIMPLE"?]

What a girl wants...
I was getting ready to doze off last night but my mind started churning. Darby is going to high school. She needs a high school girl's bedroom (currently pink and purple walls and displays of dolls). Could I create the primary colored bedding she likes? I can sew...wait! Can I? The only thing I have ever sewn was a wrap skirt I wore to Gayla's high school graduation and SarahG's Hedwig Halloween costume. Why do I have two sewing machines and all those sewing accouterments? Oh yeah, because Gayla always needed me to sew on buttons that had gone missing, hem pants that were too long, make shorts/capris out of pants that were damaged, etc. Boo-hooing ensued! Is this ever going to ease up?

Tell me where your chain of thought starts and ends.

1 comment: