Thursday, July 21, 2011

Project Happiness...


Through all my blog hopping in the past week (I really am working...I am starting a blog for my company and am looking to see how other remodeling companies are doing it!), I found one called The Happiness Project. The author, Gretchen Rubin (love her sandwich!), has a book by the same name. If you're interested, go to her blog and read about this project. Let me know if you're interested in starting a group where we can "swap ideas, build enthusiasm, give encouragement, and – perhaps most important – hold each other accountable."

I signed up for the daily happiness yesterday and received the following in an e-mail this morning:

"The great thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving." — Oliver Wendell Holmes

This put a picture in my mind's eye of a mountain with a winding trail and scenic overlooks. There are some of us who've climbed to the point we think is the best, and we've set up camp. There are others who are taking the trail around and around looking for the top. There even some who've gotten out their belays and ropes and are climbing up their own path. There are very few, but there are those brave souls who are even climbing their own path with no gear, using only their inner strength. We see some fall, stumble and sit to rest for a while. Some never get restarted. Some fall to another place. I see that as long as we are always moving in our chosen direction, we are happy. It's when we stop moving that our plan changes. Then I re-read what I've written and wonder about never reaching my destination...that's frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment