Friday, July 15, 2011

I Want to DANCE!

PHOTO SOURCE

All year long, my family and I anticipate the return of SYTYCD! It is our summer guilty pleasure (except when it tried its legs out in a fall line up--DUD!). We have our favorites every year, but in the last two years, it has been dancers from the past that we tune in to see. My all time favorite is Twitch and Alex's Napoleon and Tabitha Hip-Hop. It's remake with Twitch and Ellen is freaking great too. I literally have tears in my eyes just from the joy that watching these dances gives me.

Dance is one of those things in life that brings me joy. I haven't done it in years but always latch on to whatever movie or show is on with dance in it. Yes, I watch the less than academy worthy movies...almost the opposite of a man with Playboy, I watch it for the dance scenes. When I was younger, I wouldn't hesitate to kick my heals up if the right song came on. Heck! Gayla and I spent one entire summer vacation watching Dirty Dancing with Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Gray. Really! We would watch the pirated VHS tape that our uncle made for us, let it play to the end, bathroom and snack breaks during the automatic rewind time, and watch it again. ALL. DAY. LONG. EVERY. DAY. OF. THE. WEEK. FOR. WEEKS. Ask me if I can recite the whole dang movie!

I don't know where I was going with this blog today, but I just had an idea! I am going to include some form of dance in my Losing to Win Fight! For years MyChad has been saying we should take dance lessons together, and for years I have been putting them on my wish list for Birthday and Christmas. There's an Arthur Murray dance studio not five minutes from our home. I wonder if there are adult dance classes around us somewhere...

BTW...I am rooting for Melanie, Tadd, and Jordan. NOT IN THAT ORDER.

1 comment:

  1. I love that idea! I have been hounding Flanagan to commit to dance lessons before the wedding. :) I think you & Chad should do it and report back how much you LOVE them so he will get on board! :)

    ReplyDelete