Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thursdays are Happiness Reports: Focus on Family and Friends

For my happiness project this month, I am focusing on my family and friends. For this first week, I am making it a point to have meaningful conversations with all those I love. Mama and I chit-chatted on the phone for more than an hour last night, and it just made my heart so much lighter. Sosie and I visited this morning and, even with the tears, it brightened my day to laugh with her and hear her voice. Annie-bo-bannie and I even knocked a visit out yesterday morning while she drove with her hands free thingy. In a time of technology like we live in now, we should be the most communicative people to have ever walked this earth. My phone bill will probably be outrageous this month, but it is making me happy to "reach out and touch someone" (that little ditty definitely shows my age!).

Thank you for continuing to support this little bit of crazy each day! Visit my blog each Thursday to see how My Happiness Project is going! Here's the plan by month so far:
  • August--being organized
  • September--eating healthier
  • October--having energy (hang my head in shame at the failure)
  • November--being thankful (SUCCESS!)
  • December--focusing on family and friends
  • January--focusing on marriage
  • February--focusing on parenting
  • March--being creative
  • April--being helpful
  • May--working smarter
  • June--being adventurous
  • July--loving Jaimee 

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome goal for this month! We (at least I do -_-) tend to take our loved ones for granted and sometimes neglect to express how much they mean to us, unconscious of the fact that we may never have another opportunity. I'm so glad you're reaching out. Thanks for this post. It really encouraged me to reach out as well. Best wishes for your project!!

    ReplyDelete