"The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much." Henry David Thoreau
It's sadly amusing to sit back and remember about Christmas. It's sad because I have always thought that our family somehow was missing something because we didn't have strong traditions and ceremony. It's amusing because, now that someone is missing, I realize too late that we do have those established practices and now they all change.
Our Top 10 Traditions, A Listography
10. The hubster and darling daughter brought us the Christmas Eve delivery from the Pajama Elf.
9. I make some sort of Christmas ornament for everyone (this year it's painted by hand).
8. Gayla and the men go fishing while Mama and I take Darbster to the movies.
7. Dana Sister brought us the Christmas Eve breakfast for dinner.
6. Hubby Dearest buys me bubble wrap as a gift because everyone becomes a kid around BW!
5. Gayla, Bubba and I pitch in to buy big gifts for Mama and Daddy.
4. We drive around the ritzy neighborhoods looking at Christmas lights.
3. Gayla receives something to keep her warm; Chad gets something for fishing; Darby receives something from A&M; I get a penguin something; Dana recieves something turtle-ish; Daddy gets something with bumble bees; and Mama gets jewelry or electronics we spend the rest of the year helping her use (:-).
2. We raid the dollar tree and the $1 aisles for stocking stuffers.
1. We have a fish fry for Christmas dinner.