Friday, December 9, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

Christmas carols on the radio, especially Silent Night, and singing along like a pro
Warm cozy blankets and the smell of fresh snow, as long as there's no place to go
Praying continuously over the recipient when making a home-made pressies
          and imagining all the life they will witness
These are a few of my favorite things

Fun colored nail polish and crisp ironed men's shirts
Wind chimes in a breeze and rain on the roof and coffee with flavored creamers
The look of pure joy that family and friends have when receiving
          surprises they weren't expecting
These are a few of my favorite things

Real smiles on my loves' faces with gafaws of their laughter
JibJab videos I made last year with my family
Staring at this beautiful picture of my darling daughter and dreaming of her future
These are a few of my favorite things

When my heart breaks
When my tears fall
When I'm feeling sad/bad/mad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so sad/bad/mad

No comments:

Post a Comment