Friday, June 3, 2011

How Are You Doing?

Photo Source

Chalk it up to over analyzing every cotton-picking thing from thought to deed, but I am not exactly sure how to answer this question. Do people really want to know how I am doing? Do they want to know my physical well-being or mental? Are the two interchangeable?

For instance, today I have a sharp, radiating pain in my upper back that comes and goes. Also, I have a titch of a headache that is in tow with the back pain. What am I doing about it? I'm searching webMD and such to make sure it couldn't be something more than a pinched nerve from sleeping wonky. I catch the site that says it could be a heart attack masked as a different pain. So do I go to the hospital or call the doctor who I know won't have an appointment on a Friday? Then my over analyzing kicks in..."You're just going through a hard time," I tell myself. "You don't want to be 'that person,' the one who feigns illness and it turns out to be anxiety." But do I want to be "that person" who ignores something fixable only to end up falling down with a heart attack?

So if you ask me today, "How are you?" Make sure you want to know cuz I might just tell you to see if you think I should go to the hospital. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment