Thursday, May 26, 2011

"You're Either the Gas or the Brake."


You may have seen the new commercials for Hertz with the slogan "You're either the gas or the brake." If not, look them up on YouTube for a good laugh. I am definitely the BRAKE and my sister Gayla was the GAS. Even if it doesn't look like it, I am planning out everything in my head or on paper. Sister had a plan and went with the moment of adventure (see "V is for Vacation" blog). I am afraid of more things than you can count, and sister was always up for the thrill of the ride.

I used to hate the words "We'll see." I would be trying to make a plan and asking Sister to commit to taking part. If she said, "We'll see," I just assumed that meant "NO." After thinking about this little personality dichotomy of BRAKE or GAS, I think she may have been telling me to make the plans and be ready to adjust to whatever change is in our future.

Adjust, compromise, go with the flow, go where the wind goes...just writing those words makes the skin on my arms crawl. However, I will try it...as soon as school is out, Hunter Hell week is complete, oh and family vacation is over...SEE MY POINT!?! I can't make it through a single day without planning it from feet hitting the floor to collapse at bed time. Nevertheless, I make a promise to myself to feel better about adjusting and compromising. Ride the brakes a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment