Friday, May 27, 2011

Memorial Day

PHOTO SOURCE

Growing up, Memorial Day was usually the first day of Summer Vacation. It was the signal of sleeping late, playing outside after dark, and, best of all...NO SCHOOL! There were fish fries, homemade ice cream and watermelon. We have been known to go camping, fishing and the like. I think I was almost a grown woman before it dawned on me what the day should really be about.

If you don't know a man or woman who has served our Nation's military, then you don't live in the United States. If you don't know someone who has died while serving, then you are blessed. I am one of the blessed. I am thankful to all who serve and grateful that my father (ARMY), father-in-law (MARINES), brother-in-law (AIR FORCE) and husband (ARMY) survived their enlistments. I send a prayer out for all those who did not and all those who are currently serving. You are all my heroes and I thank you for all you do.

To learn more about Memorial Day, visit Answers.com at http://www.answers.com/topic/memorial-day

PERSONAL NOTE: I downloaded The Shack to my Kindle yesterday and will start reading it this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment