Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Yeah...I am THAT Gal...GO RED, WHITE AND BLUE!

USA! USA! USA!


Let's see, one of my favorite movies is Cutting Edge and another is Miracle and yet another is Cool Runnings. Are you sensing a theme? I typically root for the underdog, but, when given the opportunity, I go absolutely nutso for the STARS AND STRIPES, RED, WHITE, AND BLUE, UNCLE SAM, APPLE PIE, the whole nine yards (yes, I realize that only two of those movies are about team USA...did you see the part about under dog and you're just wrong if the late John Candy doesn't make you giggle).



Local Girly...Giving Her MUCH LOVE!



Much to my family's aggravation, this means I DVR Olympic events as if I am the sole source for documenting history. Too much hyperbole? Yeah, but you get my drift. I may shake my head in disgust and wonderment at the United States government at times and stamp my foot at the silliness that political machination brings out in everyone. However, when it comes to being a "team player" during the Olympics, I am all about American pride.



Growing up, Sister and I were all about the gymnastics. We both sported the Mary Lou Hair-Do...don't judge...we were CUTE as socks on a chicken. The grace and agility were talents we both coveted. My tastes have expanded with age. Volleyball, swimming, gymnastics...I get a wee bit bored by track but am in awe of the speed events. I was looking for movies to get me in the mood for some national pride...I think I shall try to watch them all. For whom are you rooting? Shout out your national pride below!


Olympic Themed Movies (Google "Movies about the Olympics")
  • Chariots of Fire
  • One Day in September
  • Munich
  • Miracle
  • Cool Runnings
  • Prefontaine
  • Without Limits
  • Cutting Edge
  • International Velvet
  • Personal Best

No comments:

Post a Comment