Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Reoccurring Nightmare Becomes Reality...

Holy all things archaic! For years my reoccurring nightmare involves me trying to call for help and only having a rotary dial telephone. I spend the whole dream trying to dial 9-1-1 only to have my fingers get stuck, the turn to not go all the way around, the line to be disconnected, etc.



I know this is interpreted as a feeling a lack of control, but can you imagine the panic I felt when I found this dinosaur in the infirmary of GS Camp back in June? As one of the first aid folks, in the event of an emergency, I was sure I would foul it up if I had to rely on that telephone. Lucky for me, calling 9-1-1 was never a need!
It did lead to some fun photo opportunities for the staff though.

NOTE: WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please sign the petition to make the CEO and COO of Diamonds Girl Scout Council answerable to the volunteers in this area. Click here!

1 comment:

  1. lol..just stick a pencil in the holes. We used these oldies for years and I never heard of anyone getting stuck.

    ReplyDelete