Monday, April 16, 2012

N is for Normal...

My Many Faces of "Normal"
The other night on the news, the Talking Heads were bantering about a study that says 1 in every 4 people suffers with a mental illness/disorder of some kind. At our house we have migraine, ADD, chronic depression, and an anxiety disorder...and that's just the brain stuff! If you were to look at our medicine cabinet, it would blow your mind at how many little orange-brown RX bottles we have.

When I heard that news blurb, I asked Hubby Dearest, "If 25% of us have some sort of 'abnormal' wouldn't that make it pretty 'normal' which would then make all the 'normal' people the 'out of the norm'?" He just shook his head and walked away. I must have been right!

I am not normal. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. I have never been able to claim "normalcy" and believe me, I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if anyone is normal. Some people are just better at hiding their abnormal qualities.

    ReplyDelete