Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rainbow Granny Blanket...Not Yo' Granny's Granny Square

Somewhere in the beginning of my endeavor to keep my hands busy in order to stop smoking, I had a flash of creativity and wanted to make a rainbow afghan. I knew exactly to whom I would gift the treasure and prayed over them the entire time I have been working on it.

To begin, I purchased one skein of Michael's Impeccable yarn for Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple and Violet. I started by making a Granny square and just kept making it bigger and bigger until it looked like I had used up almost all of the yarn. Then to finish it out, I single crocheted my way around until the yarn was gone.

7 Skeins "Impeccable" Yarn (Michael's)
H/8-5.00MM Hook

RED
Row 1: chain four and slip stitch into first stitch to make a loop.
Row 2: chain three, double crochet three times and combine first chain and 3 DC with a slip stitch (first cluster); chain three; double crochet four times, SLST (second cluster); chain three; double crochet four times, SLST (third cluster); chain three; double crochet four times, SLST (fourth cluster); Slip stitch into top of first cluster
Row 3-4: create clusters in red
Row 5-6: continue to create clusters in ORANGE
Row 7-8: YELLOW
ROW 9-10: GREEN
ROW 11-12: BLUE
ROW 13-14: PURPLE
ROW 15-16: VIOLET
ROW 17-18: RED
ROW 19-20: ORANGE
Row 21-22: YELLOW
ROW 23-24: GREEN
ROW 25-26: BLUE
ROW 27-28: PURPLE
ROW 29-30: VIOLET
ROW 31-?: Single crochet following the Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Violet until the yarn is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment