Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Write on Wednesdays: Ready to Write!

One of my favorite memes, InkPaperPen's Write on Wednesdays is still on vacay, and I miss it terribly. Therefore, I created my own prompt for this week, set my timer for five minutes and voila! Ding!

Zig Ziglar, American author and motivational speaker, has some of the best quotes to encourage and inspire. Some make you think and then laugh at his point. CLICK HERE to find a quote you can write about. Put your quote at the top of your entry, set your timer for five minutes and WRITE!

I would put a linky thingy up for everyone to link to but I am still figuring that out! Feel free to post your link in the comments of this post, and I will visit and read!

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing--that's why we recommend it daily.”    ― Zig Ziglar

In the last few years, one might say I have lacked in motivation so much so that Ziggy might say I stank of it. Honestly, I thought that losing my ability to birth chitlins, regardless of the health I gained with that loss, was my undoing. It wasn't until losing myGayla last March did I really know what would be my undoing. It also wasn't till this tragedy turned my life upside down and inside out that I was motivated to really start living every single day. I completely own and admit that there are more days than not where I want to crawl under the blankets and stay there. However, I make myself get up; I make myself get ready; and I make myself get going. From there, I have no choice but to keep moving forward (thank you Liz for that reminder). So that it is not a completely miserable existence (kinda like making up car games on a long road trip), I turn to this blog and my little crazy daily adventures to keep it interesting. Like a daily bath keeps your pits and crevices from reeking, your daily adventure (small or large) keeps your life from stinking. Ding!

Venture out today! Come by and tell me all about it! I am going to find a Zumba class to take and see if I like it.

1 comment:

  1. Okay lady...we have sponsored a blog hop :-)

    http://life4mebyme.blogspot.com/2012/01/write-on-wednesdaylinky-please.html

    ReplyDelete