Monday, August 1, 2011

You Know Me...


One of the greatest feelings in the world for me is when my husband demonstrates that he KNOWS me. For that matter, it is when anyone shows that they know something about me that I don't put right out there. I especially love it when it's something I don't even recognize in myself. To me, that is the greatest demonstration of loving someone, knowing them.


One example happened this weekend. Hubby dearest has a new set of eyes sans glasses, but no one seems to notice. Most notice there's something different but don't make the connection to it being that his beautiful eyes are no longer shrouded by spectacles. Well mySarah noticed and complemented hubby dearest. Later on the drive home, myChad started picking at me for saying something to her but I denied, denied, denied. He kissed me on the cheek and said, "Yeah, Baby. That's why you're biting your lip." He then explained that anyone who knows me, knows I bite the corner of my lip when I am fibbing. Even though I should have been chagrined that my "tell" was outed, I was joyful that he knows me that well.


Do you ever get chills when something happens that brings your path straight into focus for you? MyBoss left me this month's bills to sort through this morning, and they were clipped together with a tab that has one of those one-inch squares that you can write on. Now, I am almost sure this was a clip BossMan used to mark his Bible studies and he's not leaving me a message. However, I looked up the verse that was written on the tab just to see what message God was sending me today.


"You have searched me, LORD, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain." Psalm 139: 1-6


This filled my heart with such great joy today! Have you received a message that lightened your load? Who knows you even better than you? Share! Share! Share! I think we'll call this Marvelous Mondays from now on.

1 comment: