Thursday, April 21, 2011

I is for Ice

One Christmas morning about a decade ago, instead of waking up to presents and family, sister and I awoke to my daddy packing our cars to get us on the road home before an ice storm hit Texarkana. We literally raced the storm back to DFW. Sister and I spent that holiday holed up with frozen dinners and each other. Although not our most favorite memory of Christmas, we had each other. No matter the situation, we always had each other. In just the last four years, Gayla spent at least two nights in a hospital with me maybe three. She was always counted on for anything to do with going to an event for Darby. The best times were just lazing around on Sundays watching movies or NASCAR. Together. Gayla's presence always made the hard times better and the good times the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment