Friday, March 30, 2012

30 Day ABC Blog Challenge and such

So many milestones and such! We still have one day left in March, but I am already planning for April. In addition to celebrating http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/what-is-blogging-from-to-z.htmlmy first Blogiversary next week, I will also be joining the fun of the 30 Day ABC Blog Challenge. I may need a little assistance from my readers so suggestions are definitely welcome. A is for....? Also, I was tickled pink to see that over night I went over 9,000 visitors to this blog! Aunt J-Me Says so also came very close to breaking our one-month visitor record!

Anybody else reading, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer? I wasn't sure I would like the stream of consciousness writing but am hooked on it now. There's something genius about it! I wish my brain could come up with something like that! 

Also, there is a lot of understanding in the little mini-messages that are hiding in each chapter, especially for people who have lost someone profound in their lives.

"I think and think and think, I've thought myself out of happiness one million times, but never once into it."

"But I knew that there couldn't be pockets that enormous. In the end, everyone loses everyone. There was no invention to get around that..."

"Even if it was relatively insignificant, it was something, and I needed to do something."

"Dad used to say that sometimes you have to put your fears in order..."

"'...No, but there are books that I love, love, love,' she said it just like that, three times,..."

"...she wants to know if I love her, that's all anyone wants from anyone else, not love itself but the knowledge that love is there, like new batteries in the flashlight..."

"She said, 'I'm trying to find ways to be happy. Laughing makes me happy..' I said, "I'm not trying to find ways to be happy, and I won't' She said, 'Well, you should.'"

I hope to finish it this weekend so I can seek out the movie.

Hmmm...sorry this is pretty much about nothing! Seinfeld stayed in business for almost a decade on a show about nothing, didn't he? Have a wonderful weekend! We are hockey playoffs and date night set. Be blessed...xoxoxo J

No comments:

Post a Comment